Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Well, I Guess Mediafire Doesn't Like Me...

*sigh*

Had a request a couple of months ago to re-up the "Sounds For The Space Set" album, but was in the middle of packing/moving/unpacking hell. I see now that not only is "Space Set" off-line, but so are 6 other albums.

UPDATE 6/28/12: "Sounds For The Space Set" is back up now.

RIAA: "Sounds For The Swing Set" UPDATE 7/02/12: Back on-line
RIAA: "Risque, Illicit and Adult" UPDATE 7/02/12: Back on-line
RIAA: "Tech-xotica!!!" UPDATE 7/02/12: Back on-line
RIAA:
"Dirt Bacharach" UPDATE 6/29/12: Back on-line
RIAA: "Recording Industries Are Archaic" UPDATE 6/29/12: Back on-line

RIAA: "Sounds For The Sun-Set" UPDATE 6/28/12: Back on-line


Crickey, it's a full-time job keeping this stuff available.  My office/studio isn't really set up yet, so I don't know when I'll be able to pull out the harddrive(s) these albums are on and put 'em back up.  I tell you what, tho - when I do, I won't be using mediafire anymore.  I've been going with mirrorcreator.com lately and haven't had any problems yet.  We apologize for the inconvenience...

5 comments:

  1. I have Sounds for the Swing Set and Tech-xotica!!! on my hard drive. Mirrorcreator.com is taking an eternity to upload the .zip I made of the former, though, so I'm not sure how successful I'll be in re-uploading both albums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sweat dioschorium - I just put 'em up, so no need. But thanks, I appreciate it!

    Hopefully, this will work. Let me know if it doesn't, folks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as I can tell, all of these links have gone down again - where a reason is given, they suggest the files have been removed due either to copyright reasons or being inactive for too long.

    "Reality Is An Accident", which you put up more recently, still works via Rapidgator but not through any other option.

    Sorry that the providers are causing you so many hassles. I'll try to grab these again if you have the time to reupload at a later date. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correction - I've been back to try again. Got Sun-Set to download via SendyMyWay (no other options worked). Got most of the others to download via FileFlyer (no other options worked). The only one which doesn't work at all is Swing Set, which appears on FileFlyer as a locked file which needs a code to download. Sorry for the misinformation! Thanks again for all your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I set up the label "Fishy Business" on Last.fm as there is no limit to the amount you can upload.
    It makes an ideal distribution site, as it is fast, though you can only do individual mp3s.

    Make sure you always put RIAA or Mr.Fab as the artist, or you will not get credited with plays.

    ReplyDelete